With six temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints set perform all living and proxy ordinances in Phase 3, one temple in Mexico is moving to Phase 2 and eight others including all seven temples in the state of California are returning to operations after having been temporarily paused.
The following temples will move on Feb. 22 to Phase 3
- Guatemala City Guatemala Temple
- Halifax Nova Scotia Temple
- Mérida Mexico Temple
- Oaxaca Mexico Temple
- Tuxtla Gutiérrez Mexico Temple
- Sydney Australia Temple
As announced Monday, Feb. 15, one temple is moving to Phase 2 from Phase 1 and offering all living ordinances for the first time in nearly a year:
- Tijuana Mexico Temple
The following 13 temples have paused operations due to local restrictions:
- Arequipa Perú Temple
- Ciudad Juárez Mexico Temple
- Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple
- Concepción Chile Temple
- Durban South Africa Temple
- Guadalajara Mexico Temple
- Hermosillo Mexico Temple
- Lima Perú Temple
- London England Temple
- Manaus Brazil Temple
- Mexico City Mexico Temple
- Monterrey Mexico Temple
- Preston England Temple
And resuming operations after being “paused”:
- Bogotá Columbia Temple
- Fresno California Temple
- Los Angeles California Temple
- Newport Beach California Temple
- Oakland California Temple
- Redlands California Temple
- Sacramento California Temple
- San Diego California Temple
Six of the eight will return to operating in Phase 2; the Los Angeles and Redlands temples will resume Phase 1 operations.
Phase 1 allows for limited living husband-and-wife sealings by appointment, while Phase 2 allows for those sealing as well as all other living ordinances, also by appointment. Phase 3 includes everything from the first two phases and the performance of temple ordinances for deceased individuals
The four phases of the Church’s reopening plan are:
- Phase 1: Open for restricted living sealings only. Temple workers will perform living sealings only for previously endowed members, with the ordinances done under strict guidelines and safety precautions.
- Phase 2: Open for all living ordinances only. Temple workers will perform all temple ordinances for living individuals, but temples will maintain closure of patron housing, clothing, and cafeteria operations.
- Phase 3: Open for all ordinances with restrictions. Temple workers will continue providing ordinances for living individuals and provide proxy ordinances for ancestors in a restricted manner. The Church may open patron housing, clothing, and cafeteria operations as needed.
- Phase 4: Open for full operations. The Church will resume regular temple operations.