On Monday, June 22, six additional temples were announced for Phase 1 reopening on June 29, including the first temples to reopen in Mexico.
The Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico, Guadalajara Mexico and Monterrey Mexico temples will be the first of the country’s 13 operating temples to reopen after closure in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The other three reopening on June 29 are the Columbia South Carolina, Las Vegas Nevada and Toronto Ontario temples.
With the announcement of the six to resume limited husband-and-wife sealing ordinances, 98 of the 168 operational temples worldwide of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints now are or will be open for limited operations.
- Colonia Juárez Chihuahua Mexico Temple (June 29)
- Columbia South Carolina Temple (June 29)
- Guadalajara Mexico Temple (June 29)
- Las Vegas Nevada Temple (June 29)
- Monterrey Mexico Temple (June 29)
- Toronto Ontario Temple (June 29)
PRESS RELEASE FROM Church Newsroom.